Hampton High School Marching Band
Color Guard Instructor
2013-2014 season, but beginning spring of 2013 with try-outs.
1. Write and teach all field show routines
2. Possess experience in modern guard technique and performance
3. Attend all band camp rehearsals and all performances, including the band trip, football games, festivals, adjudications, and parades. Attend additional color guard-only practices as needed.
4. Facilitate color guard try-outs each year in the spring
5. Attend after school and/or evening rehearsals when possible
6. Organize the design/selection/ordering of color guard show uniforms and other apparel (things paid for by families)
7. Work with the band director in ordering flags, props, supplies (things paid for by school district)
8. Maintain an accurate color guard roster and contact information
9. Be the primary contact for marching band color guard families
10. Oversee the guard equipment and equipment preparation
11. Based on the collective bargaining agreement from July 1, 2007 through June 30, 2012, the color guard position will begin at $3,016 and will rise to $3,944 by the 5th year.
Interested parties should contact:
Hampton High School
Marching Band Director
2929 McCully Rd.
Allison Park, PA 15101
(412) 486-6000 x.1044